Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Preparing for Thanksgiving!!!

Everyone knows what its like getting ready for Thanksgiving. A whole lot of planning, cooking, and for most families, some traveling. Our plan was to go to my Grandmother's house for lunch and play in the Sequence tournament. Anyone who knows anything about my family knows that we love to play games and it always involves MONEY! Whether it's Bingo, 99, or the game "guess which one of Papa's hand has the gold dollar in it". It has been a tradition since I can remember!

When I was thinking about what I was going to bring to G-ma's I had to think about it for a couple days. I finally came up with a 2 dishes. The first thing that I offered to bring was Green Bean Casserole, and the second thing was Turkey Cupcakes!!! So I went to my local friendly grocer and purchased all the ingredients that I needed. Once I got home I realized that I was over my head with the cupcakes. So I started thinking on how I could get someone to come over and help me. That morning my baby brother Scotty called me and asked me what I was doing and I told him I was making cupcakes. Being the sweet eater that he is and a district manager of Baskin Robins Dunkin Donuts...he was not hard to convince to help me. So we worked hard on them and in no time we had a whole flock of Turkey Cupcakes.

After all the food and games at my G-ma's house we headed to the beach for the Bluegrass festival that Paul goes to every year. I do not participate in these cultural concerts because it just isn't my thing, but Paul looks forward to it. All in all it was a great day and we made it to the beach in one piece without anyone ripping out their hair. It was an awesome day and we will do the same thing next year!!! I am thankful that we have family to spend the day with and share our accomplishments of the day! I can't wait till next year!

1 comment:

Anthony F. Navarro said...

Those turkey cupcakes are awesome!