Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mark's 1st Birthday!!!


We recently celebrated Mark's 1st Birthday on November 13th. The big guy has changed so much over the year. All I can tell you is how he has grown and developed his loving and carefree personality. I think he is going to be our comedian out of the 3 kids. He thrives on laughter and smiles. If there is ever a time he is not smiling then something is wrong. When ever someone needs a hug he is your guy. I don't like to talk about him turning the Big 1 because it makes me so sad to see my baby growing up. While we were singing Happy Birthday to him I had to stop so I could choke down the tears. I know I usually never cry, but when it comes to the kids I am very emotional.

When Mark was born he was 10lbs. and 8 oz....for his one year check up he is up to 26 lbs. He is a big guy, and is always going to be big. Every morning when he wakes up I go in his room and pick him up and get a HUGE hug and I always squeeze his thighs. He laughs and then we go about our day. I hope that through the next year none of this changes, and I hope I will always get Marky hugs in the morning....thats the best way to start a day!!!

2 comments:

Jen's Kinder Kids said...

I don't want him to get any bigger!!

the burchard bunch said...

Yeah!!! I'm so excited!!
How in the world did you get Paul to allow this??? You have names on here and everything!!! I fully expected to get to the first post and it be called "#3's Birthday"!!

Welcome to blogoshere my friend!!
love ya